As Boston is hit with a snow storm and Georgia’s low is 28, I figured I’d share some of my winter beauty favorites. It’s kind of crazy I guess because Georgia’s high on Saturday is supposed to be 71…but the groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter, so there’s no better time than now for a winter essentials list!
- O.R.G. Mineral Peel Face – During the winter, my face gets so dry that exfoliating it isn’t an option. This face peel has been a lifesaver; you just spray it on your face, let it soak in for 3-5 seconds, and then rub it off. It instantly peels off dry skin without drying out your face. No more cakey makeup!
- Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer – After using the face peel, I use this moisturizer every day. It’s so lightweight and feels refreshing and even smells refreshing. It’s oil-free, so it won’t make your face super oily but it will instantly moisturize and make your face look more energized and awake.
- Anderson Lilley Beach Butter Cream – Okay so this is the second item on my list of winter essentials that is from my FabFitFun box, but no, this is not another FabFitFun box review. I really do use this body butter every day. Body butter does a better job of moisturizing and hydrating than normal lotion, and it helps keep your cuticles moisturized too. Plus this one smells like tangerine and reminds me of warmer days.
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey – This feels like a mixture of chap stick, lip gloss, and lip stick. I love the way and looks and feels on me. Black honey is the perfect shade for winter, but the best part about this is that it fuses with the natural tone of your lips to create a unique color for everyone.
- Travel mug – A cute travel mug is essential for keeping your coffee and your hands warm in the cold. Plus, it gives you something to do with your hands.
- Long sleeve running top – This long sleeve top is perfect for working out and for layering. I wore this top under two more layers when I went to my first Big 10 football game in November. It has thumb holes, fits perfectly without feeling too tight, and does a great job of keeping me warm.
- Cozy vest – This vest is also perfect for layering. It’s not a fur vest, it’s a fuzzy soft vest and it really does keep you warm. It adds a cute yet classy feel to any outfit. Wear with jeans and booties or with a long sleeve dress.
- Blanket scarf – I have three blanket scarves; they not only keep your neck warm, but they transform any plain shirt, dress or sweater instantly, and they’re perfect to use as a blanket in the movie theater or in your cold office. Wrap it around your body or your legs when you’re sitting at your desk, and then move it back up around your neck when you need to get up to refill your coffee.